Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Terror


Police stop n search
There were two bombings in Jerusalem this morning. One at the Central Bus Station and another in a suburb north of the City Centre. One dead, 20 injured. It shocked everyone as no one expected bombs in buses since the 2nd Intifada 20 years ago. The violence has definitely escalated ... and this time Israeli intelligence had no prior info about it. This is not good.

The whole City is very tense. Police everywhere. Innocent people are stopped and searched in a very undignified way in front of tourists. But this arrogant abuse will only spark more resistance and indignation.

Yesterday's visit to the doctor/surgeon was a disappointment ... though I had an appointment at 2pm, when I arrived I was told the doctor will not be in. I was given another appointment next week. My nightly choking and coughs have been reduced because I keep a flask of hot water which I drink to soothe the spasms. But having to sit up for 4 to 5 hours each night, I get very tired in the morning. It's devastating each day when I am fatigued and try to rest but people keep calling me to go and work. I am not getting better because I don't have enough recuperation time.