Friday, September 16, 2022

Rain?

Rain clouds
 The weekend is upon us. It should be a quiet, relaxing time for me but the workers have begun demolishing the corridor ceiling so it's extremely dusty and I couldn't even stay in my room. The fine dust flows in between cracks and gaps of the door. I decided to go to my office and stay there. However the one hour in my room had already affected my breathing and for the rest of the day I've been wheezing and coughing. I hope tonight when I return home to sleep, I won't get asthma attacks.

Rain clouds gathered early in the morning while I was walking to the Ivrea convent. It was chilly and humid. It didn't rain though. But if it's pointing to what we can expect in winter, then it's wonderful!

There's been shootings and other violence again today. Where will this lead in winter? The coming Jewish feastdays will be tense. 3 weeks of fasting and feasting on the jewish New Year, Yom Kippur and the feast of booths (Sukkot). Yom Kippur will fall on the feast of St. Francis. And Sukkot will start on the birthday of Muhammad. So many coincidences of dates ... we'll just cross our fingers and hope for the best.