Sunday, September 4, 2022

More work

Sunrise at Palm Plaza
 Just when my room looked as if the ceiling was done and the painting of the walls was complete, another problem arose. 36 tiles on the floor were either broken or dislodged. Since all the furniture are already moved out, the workers said it's best to repair the tiles as well. So now it'll take another 5 days of work and my stay in the sisters' convent is extended ... rather reluctantly. Nevertheless since it's only the flooring that's being repaired, I started cleaning my bookshelves that were not removed during the ceiling repairs. The dust and chunks of cement were in every shelf and inside every book. I had to clean them one by one, so it took me 3 hours just to do 4 rows of shelves. And since I can't use the toilet in my room to get water, I have to draw water in a pail from the terrace every few minutes because the water got dirty very quickly.

The muezzin sings the call to prayer at 5am now instead of 3.30am which means we're in autumn. Soon it'll be the Mooncake festival and jewish Sukkot .... both marking mid-Autumn. That's in 2 weeks' time. And before we know it, 2022 will be over. Daylight is shorter and the nights are getting longer.

I just read that the Gaza military executed 5 gazans, 2 allegedly for spying for Israel. It is such a dastardly move to scare the people into submission, for it knows the people are dissatisfied and disillusioned with the enclave's administration.

One good news is that new Covid infections have fallen to below 100 per day. Still I'm not about to stop using my mask. I know I'm high risk so I have to responsible for my own health.