Monday, September 19, 2022

Long night

Sunrise
 Just watched the funeral service of the Queen. Lots of pomp and pageantry... to hail the end of another Elizabethan era. A world war, men in the moon, internet .... all happened in her reign. 

The renovation work is just too much for me. I cannot sleep. Dust in my nose and on my lips. I'm wheezing 24 hours. Today I decided to move and sleep in my office. I've not coughed once and no wheezing at all. JJ too ... I brought him with me. The poor guy has small lungs so he suffers more than me.

Newspapers are reporting that terrorist attacks are possible for the next 3 weeks of jewish holy days. People are told to be careful. I guess we'll all have to take extra precautions. Collateral damage is not good.

Well today was a whirlwind of activities. Class at 4am, then moving to the library. Several meetings. New work assignments for the volunteers. A briefing on the new museum, a funeral of the mother of one of our workers who is a good friend, Mass 3km away in the Ivrea convent, back at the library and now trying to sleep on an uncomfortable chair. It'll be a long night.