![]() |
| Full moon |
Anyway it's autumn and the nights get chilly. The full moon is starting to wane and the sense of winter coming is exciting. it means Christmas, and rain and snow. On the other hand, I'll miss the hot sunny summers especially the week I spent in our house in Jaffa. It has been a very hot summer with heatwaves.
And talking about full moon, chinese migrant workers in Tel Aviv are making moon cakes and selling them for US$6. I was surprised when Chinese Catholic workers came for Mass bringing moon cakes last week! It's northern style meaning filled with nuts and dried fruit, unlike the southern type with lotus paste. In fact in Tel Aviv they're making dough-sticks (you tiao) and beancurd (Dou hua). I just need to find out where they're selling it.
Violence seems to be picking around the country again ... with lots of fear and prejudice arising. I just read that a jewish preschool this morning was faced with parents protesting that arab caregivers were hired. Now news say the coming Jewish holidays may be marred by arab extremists. There is a lot of tension. Let's hope nothing will happen.
