Friday, October 8, 2021

Hospital

Catheter in hand 
Yesterday was eventful ... for lack of a better word.  I went to hospital 200km away early at 6am to avoid the highway traffic. Couldn't escape it ... there were several points along the way that were stuck with traffic. Arrived at the hospital 3 hrs later and prepared myself for an arduous morning of tests. There was the blood test showed good result. The BP was 130/84 which was good. Diabetes was under control. Sodium was too low though. Then I had to drink 1.5 litres of creatine mixed with water for the liver CT scan. It had to be taken slowly, one cup every 15 minutes. The docs, like those in Jer, wanted to know why I was losing weight yet my abdomen is bloated; constant nausea and dizziness. The scan itself was quick ... 7 minutes. I didn't have my usual claustrophobia whenever I do the scan. Maybe I was too weak. They injected some medicine into my bloodstream that caused a hot feeling in my head and neck and abdomen. 

Hospital
I didn't want to wait for the result as it was already 1pm and the taxi driver was in a hurry to return back to Jerusalem. It was another 3 hr ride home but I had very bad diarrhea, uncontrollable ... side-effect of the creatine mixture. The nurses warned me it will be like this for the next 2 days. It was so bad I had to wear adult diapers for the trip home. And having fasted for 24 hrs, I was very hungry and weak but I didn't dare to eat because of the diarrhea. It went on all night. This morning I started vomiting. Together with the diarrhea, I decided I couldn't travel 80km to another city to collect several boxes of things that had arrived from Singapore. I walked up to New Gate to inform the workers and driver to go by themselves. Then I realised I didn't take my usual daily medicines so I had to walk back 1km, after alot of vomiting along the way. Once I took my medicine back home, I had to go back up 1km but by that time I was too weak. A worker immediately went to buy some bread and isotonic drink for me as I haven't eaten in 36 hours.

Now I hope to rest and recover my strength this morning ... in the silence of my office. No calls, no messages please. I just need to rest.