Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Eventful

Autumn leaf
The riots yesterday were quite bad. Running battles between stone-throwing arab youths and Israeli police with stun grenades and water cannons. Today the streets smelt so bad of skunk water I vomited while walking to walk. I dread having to go back home now.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1le5d2st?fbclid=IwAR3r31NsPvvmxvlJOSuDqGx4uH6OvyCMbFYaWye_PxhSDysG3ocOZxONeww#autoplay

The Minister General has come from Rome to pay his first official visit outside Italy after his election. There's the traditional "solemn entrance" where all heads of Churches (Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant) welcome him at Jaffa Gate and then a procession to the Holy Sepulchre where he will enter the Empty Tomb to pray. I had class so I had to skip that. Tomorrow he'll be meeting students and Friday he'll come to visit our university. I have to be home for that.

The quince leaf tea was very good. It reduced the diarrhea significantly as well as the stomach cramps. But today after 36 hrs of the tea, the diarrhea is back. I'll have to find a way how to get dried quince leaves. I could ask some people in Bethlehem who grow these trees. Just hope they don't spray insecticide on it. Meantime I sprained my left ankle again. It hurts very much and I've tied a bandage around it to stop the swelling. Well such an eventful day with riots and ecclesiastical visits is great but not for sprained ankles.