 |
| Busy market |
Today the filipino community of the Holy Land celebrated the 500th anniversary of Christianity in the Philippines. They organised a Mass at the Basilica of Gethsemani presided by the Patriarch, and I heard hundreds from all over the country came to participate. The Nuncio, himself a filipino, was also present. I was invited but I didn't feel feel to stay for a 2 hr liturgy. But filipino religious sisters from many congregations came ... even those from Gaza. It was really a big event. And I was told they gave souvenirs to the chaplains, including me. I often help the communities in Jaffa, Herzliya, Netanya and Jerusalem whenever there is need. It was nice of them to remember me.
The weather continues to be cool and humid. Sunrise is at 5.15am and sunset a little before 6pm. Days are getting shorter and night is very quick ... in a few minutes and suddenly everywhere is dark. I think this year, winter will be cold.
Much as I wanted to rest, I spent the morning at work. Inevitable. Now I have class at 9pm then another at 4pm. I will be so exhausted by 6am but I must go to the MC convent at 6.30am for Mass then to Bethlehem MC convent at 9am. Then the MC sisters from Gaza want to meet me in order to buy medicines. I will die tomorrow. It's almost beyond my physical means.