Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Still hot

Hawkers at Damascus
Gate
 The heatwave continues to beat down on us. But luckily today a cool breeze is also blowing. Last night I had to go out and buy bread for my community's breakfast, and after 2 days in my room due to high blood pressure, it was a good escape. Crowds continue to go on their business as the wind cooled the relentless sun. Some people still wear the mask like me. But most feel confident about their vaccination and go without the mask. Unfortunately the Delta strain can infect even those who are vaccinated.

Yesterday the govt demolished a butcher's shop in Silwan village and the houses attached above. That's one of the flash points of the recent clashes. I think clashes will take place on Friday. I'll have to be careful when I go out. The last night I need is skunk water chemicals affecting my lungs.

And ... another awful thing about summer. Ticks and mosquitoes are back. I've been bitten all over my legs and back. I'm going to buy something to stop the bites at the pharmacy later today. It happens every year.