Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Another day

Mini peaches
Was feeling quite unwell today. Very dizzy and nauseous. Measured my bp but it was only 127/76 which is quite normal. There's a sharp pain on my right side of my head though. Not sure what it's all about. I stayed in my room all day. Maybe it's because I've not been eating ... I have no appetite for food these days. Linda from Mian Restaurant called me to go pick up some food. I guess I'll go ... I need the walk though the air is not fresh ... it still reeks from the skunk water the police have been spraying these few nights.

Yes the clashes have not abated but instead intensified. Last night's clash at Sheikh Jarrah was particularly violent. Many injured. I'm not sure how things will evolve this summer if this continues.

On a positive note, it's summer and many of the first summer fruits are available in the markets. Bedouin women carry them from the villages and sell them in the streets. Lots of cherries and peaches ... especially the mini variety. They are exceptionally sweet this year. I love it. I think this summer I'll eat as many different types of fruit available in the market as I can.