Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sick 2

Protests
I was warded in hospital the past days for observation. Apparently my black-out on Tuesday night might have been a small blockage in the blood vessel to my brain. It was a little too late to trace it as I went to hospital only 48 hours later. My bp was high 163/97. The docs brought the bp down to 131/74 in 2 days and gave me medicine to dilute my blood. My dizziness is very much reduced today and I'm discharged to come home. 

The hospital stay was quite unexpected so I brought nothing along with me. A friend came at 11pm with toothbrush, toothpaste and towels. What was missing was my phone charger. For 2 days I had no calls or messages. I could actually rest. And it was awfully quiet because there's no TV in the room. And being tied to a drip I couldn't go out of my room. I was only very worried about Buddy and JJ ... no one fed them.

Today I'm much better. The dizziness is minimal but I still feel weak and sometimes I cannot find the words to speak, or remember things. Next week I must go to the neurologist, and cardiologist and pulmonologist. It'll be an expensive and time-taking affair. I'll just have to bear with it.

On my way home from hospital, I passed by the protest at Sheikh Jarrah. Arabs and jewish supporters had gathered to protest the eventual forceful eviction of 4 families so that jewish settlers can take over the homes. This was one of the causes for the war last month. Now we learn that the cancelled Jerusalem Day March will take place on Tuesday next ... but the rally will stop at Damascus Gate and this will cause more tensions with the arabs. I just hope no violence will result.