Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Lenten pilgrimage

Pilgrimage Mass now
 It's the 3rd Wednesday of Lent. That means a pilgrimage Mass at our Flagellation chapel this evening. The lenten pilgrimage Masses is a traditional series of celebrations recalling the suffering of Christ every Wednesday of Lent. They cover the chapel of Dominus Flevit (The Lord wept), Gethsemani, Flagellation chapel, Condemnation chapel, and one other which I now cannot remember. Solemn Vespers is chanted within Mass and the Passion of John's Gospel is sung in 3 parts. Due to pandemic restrictions, few people are allowed to participate. And we have no doorman yet, and we cannot leave the gate open as jews and muslims will come in to cause trouble. So a lot of logistical problems have not been ironed out.

Pansit from MC sisters
The MC superior of Gaza came today. She needed medicine for her 68 handicapped patients in the MC  convent there. I brought her to the pharmacy and we bought 1100 shekels worth of medication. We'll buy some more next week when there is more stock.

My nose still hurts, so does my head. But the bruise is quite reduced. Looking in  the mirror today, I noticed my nose is now crooked. It's bent to the right. I'll have to wear a mask forever.

It was another busy day today. I really wished I could sleep as with my coughing spasms at night, I've slept only 2 hours last night. Cam home by 4.30pm and though I still have work to do, I've decided I'll go to sleep early. Too exhausted and my brain isn't working anymore.