Monday, March 1, 2021

Cold and colder

Adoration & recollection
 A day of unease ... more bombings in Syria suspected to be carried out by Israel, and an arab driver ran over an israeli, claiming he was escaping an attacked by israeli lynchers while israelis say he's a terrorist; and yesterday over 200 jews entered the Al Aqsa Mosque under police protection to pray - which is not allowed since 2001 during the 2nd Intifada. A lot of tensions and expected revenge attacks.

Meantime the inoculation programme seems to be working in Israel: cases needing hospitalisation have fallen. And arabs are going in larger numbers to get vaccination ... though the infection rate is much higher. Because of the tens of thousands who broke the social distancing rules on Purim for 3 days, it's likely the upcoming Passover feast will be locked down. Well, on paper at least. Everyone knows it'll be business as usual and the law will not be enforced.  https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/covid-19-hundreds-party-in-jaffa-many-without-masks-as-curfew-looms-660405?fbclid=IwAR2dOG8b_tuK_iraH_LszYMffFC-kGGGdF2ollL5ND692135O5lDR2By_t0

Ethiopic at
prayer
Yesterday the english-speakers in my house gathered for our monthly english day of recollection and adoration of the Eucharist. I started this 2 months ago because with a year of lockdowns, we've not had any retreats or monthly recollections. Our 2 indian sisters came to join us. One of our Nigerian students preached. 

The weather again was made a downturn ... temps rose no higher than 14 degrees during the day, and it rained in the late morning. More of such days for the rest of the week. I had gone to work while it was warm and sunny, just wearing a pullover and hoodie. But as I got home at 6pm, it was so cold I had to wear another thick hoodie over all that. I'm not sure if I'm ready cold plunge ... my brain is already on summer mode.