![]() |
| Crooked signpost |
I did however go out in the morning while it was cooler. I need to avoid the sun as I already have a fever and the heat would cause my wound to bleed. I went to my other office to water the plants ... one died after no one watered them for 3 days. Miserable .... it was a peace lily. On the way out I saw workmen drilling along the walkway to New Gate. On the way back I saw signposts for tourists had been put up on those spots. Very nice ... Israel is now opening up to tourists who do not join tour groups and therefore need directions. However the signposts were crooked. Here if you don't tell the workers to do specific things, they will not be done. The workers were told to put up signposts ... they were not told to put up the signposts straight. Something you might take for granted in your own country ... but definitely not here.
Now this can also happen here ... the Culture Minister has proposed to ban and cut funding for any artistic enterprise and artiste who is not loyal to Israel. The State Prosecutor has come up against it. Isn't the Arts an expression of freedom - even expressions that not all may understand or accept? https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5370446,00.html and https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-lawmakers-expected-to-approve-bill-to-defund-offensive-cultural-institutions-1.6551544
And the demolition of the bedouin settlement in Khan Ahmar is again heating up as police arrest demonstrators ... with arab and jewish who try to prevent the demolition. There are also some international activists among them. This will compound with the other tensions around the country and when it all gels, there'll be big trouble nationwide. https://www.timesofisrael.com/4-activists-arrested-for-obstructing-police-prep-for-khan-al-ahmar-demolition/
