![]() |
| Sunrise over the Mt. of Olives |
Yesterday afternoon Leo came and brought me an ice cream. That was nice ... I needed it to calm my stomach. The sisters at the 3rd Station boiled chicken soup so I had something to fill my stomach with. Anyway today I'll stay in bed like yesterday. My face is still swollen though the pain from the wound is under control from the painkillers. I went out to the terrace to see the sunrise this morning ... and remembered today is Oct. 13th ... exactly 100 years ago when the miracle of the sun took place in Fatima. Not expecting much for us today ... though the miracle took place in the midst of Church crisis ... like we are today. Just maybe we might get a miracle.
![]() |
| Sunrise over the City |
Meantime up on our northern border, we got news that US troops braved a sandstorm to fight ISIS militants. The fighting must be in the americans' favour as it was announced last night that the Syrian-Israeli border at Quneitra would be re-opened. ISIS had conquered that border town and kidnapped the UN Peace soldiers but they were driven away by the Syrian army. Quneitra is where St. Paul was struck by light when he encountered the Risen Lord ... and converted. It's just 1km away from the Israeli Golan border.

