Sunday, October 28, 2018

Cold Sunday

Palm Plaza on a cold Sunday
Another cold day with cold gusty winds. I stayed most of the morning cleaning my room. Then after lunch I went out to do the weekly shopping. Not that I bought anything much ... but I did get a small heater for our new Indian seminarian Leo because it gets very cold at night and he's not used to it. New students from equatorial countries are never prepared for winter.

Tonight the community is having a barbecue dinner in our courtyard. I didn't go. I can't eat the meat which requires chewing.  Luckily I bought a tub of vanilla ice cream so I can eat that in my room.

Old City at 7am
There's a flash news saying 2 gazans killed in clashes at the border. Looks like the ceasefire didn't work out. There's a report that children who experienced the bombing blitz the evening before are now suffering panic attacks and trauma.

Then there is the surprising news that our PM made a secret visit to Oman where he was warmly welcomed... a country that Israel has no diplomatic ties. The arab States are having better relations with Israel and this will consolidate peace in the region and solve the Palestine problem.

Then there's constant news of the dreadful famine in Yemen that's killing off thousands of children. The war is terrible. A proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia ... where innocent tennis die for nothing.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45964795?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ocid=socialflow_facebook