Tuesday, October 9, 2018

2 days to D-day

Another grey cloudy day
2 more days and it'll be my operation. I'm a little nervous this time. They found a bone donor that matches my blood type so the hospital called to say I must have it done as early as 8am on Thursday. We'll see what happens from there. I'll be on antibiotics a day ahead of the operation to pre-empt an infection and rejection of the donor bone. Then the next few days will be a nightmare of pain and fever.

Well today I tried to finish all I possibly could, settle all the problems and meetings before the operation. Looks like an impossible task. So whatever will be, will be. I can't solve all the problems. Others must learn to do their part in problem solving as well.

Cold cat on a crate
Winter is definitely approaching. Last night was 18 degrees and it felt really chilly. The sky was still cloudy and grey today ... with a cold wind blowing. I hope it won't rain on the day of my operation. I don't want to have to walk in the rain looking for transport home. Anyway at 5am the ground must be cold because I noticed a lot of cats are staying as high as possible from the ground.

Meantime it's another day of clashes when some 5000 gazans protested near the border with Israel while a flotilla of gazan boats tried to enter Israeli waters. It was a land and sea attack to break the Israeli blockade because Gaza is not getting food, medicine, water and other daily necessities. The people are dying in there ... and their govt under Hamas is making things worse than is.   https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5366713,00.html