 |
| Foundation of the 7th century church |
Sunday began rather noisily ... a mini-digger was stationed in front of our house, with workers taking off the paving stones with jackhammers. A whole row running along th Condemnation Chapel was removed because the Municipality wanted to install new electric wires. Unfortunately they broke our water pipe as well so we had no water all day. One good thing though ... while they removed the paving stones and dug down beside the Condemnation chapel, the workers exposed the 7th century foundation stones of the ancient church. It was a very nice dicovery.
 |
| Damascus Gate |
Anyway today, though Sunday, was very stressful. There's been a tsunami of requests for help ... mainly student sponsorships because the economic situation is not getting better. This year's funds are a lot lower so I have to decide which I can help and which I can't. Been running around to consult M. Teresa's sisters twice as well as the Spanish sisters and our Custody sponsorship dept. We need always to cross-check our beneficiaries. Anyway it took all day and these matters always stress me. Not least when my right shoulder continues to be excruciating painful, and the right side of my face hurts (actually the sinus and eye socket) and I have a headache. I tried to rest but the pain kept me awake. Anyway I think I settled some 12 cases which the Spanish sisters had recommended.
Anyway while tensions rose yesterday with the 5th stabbing attempt in 2 weeks, and the Gaza protests ... we have some good news from the newspapers. The Gaza border is reopened again for food and medicine to enter' The demolition of the bedouin village that drew several weeks of violent protests have been postponed by the cabinet; and arrests have been made of palestinians who are provoking a kangaroo court against the muslims who sold an apartment to jewish settlers (directly behind my house). Looks like its a little tranquility at the beginning of the week.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-arrests-two-palestinians-amid-threats-after-j-lem-house-sold-to-settlers-1.6574826?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fbclid=IwAR3KMxoeZ-LFGmsEb3s99ZPEABI1_HLEy9Rr4N2gPcKb8NVF_9--EAJy5IQ
and
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/PA-condemns-arrest-of-senior-Palestinian-officials-by-Israel-569906