Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Eve of All Saints

Our chapel this
evening
After 4 months of having our boxes of books sent back to the publishers by Customs office, today ... we finally received our first pack of 3 books. It took over 10 days meeting our lawyers and workers in  our technical and legal offices, negotiations with the Post Office etc... to get this pack arrive in our library. Well let's hope things will get better these next few months otherwise our library will have no new books.

This morning I had to go buy flowers for our sisters to prepare our chapel for All Saints Say tomorrow. Bought over 300 shekels of flowers. But I had no time to help the sisters arrange the flowers as I had class from 2pm to 4pm. Just saw the arrangements during Vespers ... could be better. But I can't demand too much as our sisters were not trained for this.

Palm Plaza at 6pm
This evening at 5.30pm there was a small exhibition on Pope St. Paul VI and his pilgrimage to the Holy Land in 1964. All the vestments he wore, the chalices he used and lots of photos are exhibited in our Curia Hall. Just gesture in recognition of the 1st Pope after Peter to walk in the Holy Land. Next week our library will be exhibiting our oldest Bibles in conjunction with the Inaugural Speech at the opening of our academic year.

Well winter is certainly started. The sun sets early ... at about 5.45pm. People are asking where is the sun ... a good joke that summer had passed too quickly. Temps continue to fall ... and soon it will be Advent. We look forward to that.

Tomorrow I must go back to hospital to check on my transplant. Will have to leave at 5am so I'll have to wake up at 3am to prepare. I guess I should sleep early then.