 |
| The stalactite caves |
Had been having a very busy few days accompanying family visiting the Land ... hence no time to update the blog. But here you go ... I've been keeping visits to the usual churches and sanctuaries to a minimum ... and conserve the little energy that I have. We've been to some other unusual sites though ... like the stalactite caves in Soreg. It's utterly amazing.
We also visited the cell of St. Miriam Bouardy the carmelite mystic in Bethlehem. And in Shepherds' Field we visited the miraculous well of Mary whom local christians and muslims continue to attest to the miracles worked there.
 |
| Mouloukieh |
Well all's not that smooth ... it's not a holiday like I wanted. I was called back to work 3 times already. And there were the constant messages and emails asking for this and that. I just simply cannot get some peace away from work. It is relentless and unforgiving. And I have said that it is very unfair that I have to be called back to work during a 5 day "rest". But nothing in this world is just.
 |
| Msahan |
Anyway each evening I ask an arab family to cook up a typical arab dish which is never served in restaurants because it takes too much time and energy. The family obliged and we had the great "M"s - makloubeh, msahan, mouloukieh and tomorrow mansaf. It's a great culinary adventure and they are liking it.
And we also had some special treats ... like today the cloistered carmelites invited us for lunch in their monastery. And there was the Ramadan desserts and lights and crowds ....
OK I have to get back to work now at 8.15pm till midnight before visiting other places tomorrow morning. It's exhausting.