Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Ankle problems

Boy selling bread in the early morn
The weather is hot during the day but cloudy ... looks like a sandstorm because the sky is a dull yellow. Not good for asthma sufferers. And I realised that the sun is rising very early ... 4.30am and the sun is already up. A definite sign that summer is here. That means I have less time to sleep as I am  a sun-person. If there's sun, I can't sleep.

My ankle is playing up again today. 6 years ago I fell in Bethlehem and twisted it. I never saw the doctor but when I did which was a year later, it was too late and the ankle is messed up. I usually have pain when I walk down stairs or when I first get out of bed but today it's every step I take. And walking up and down the stairs is impossible. I hop on my right leg instead. I guess I need to wear my ankle guard again. We just had a very interesting talk by the archeologist of the Herodion fortress. Loved it. But I had to walk down 4 storeys and after that walk back up. Awful pain in the ankles. A professor had to help me up the flight of steps. I guess I'll have to avoid walking stairs for the next few days. Wishful thinking .... it'll be like my much-awaited vacation that never comes.

War drums continue to sound as US officials are quoted to have said that Israel is preparing for a war with Syria/Iran. Most people try to push it behind their heads and pretend nothing will happen. But I can tell you it's troubling everyone ... just that no one wants to face it.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-officials-say-israel-behind-latest-syria-strike-preparing-for-war-with-iran/?utm_source=us-officials-say-israel-behind-latest-syria-strike-preparing-for-war-with-iran&utm_medium=desktop-browser&utm_campaign=desktop-notifications

The Israel Museum is reported to cover up exhibits describing evolution and dinosaurs because it would upset the ultra-orthodox who do not believe in it. Yes the ultra-orthodox are influencing museum exhibits as well.  https://www.haaretz.com/jerusalem-museum-covers-exhibit-on-evolution-when-haredi-visit-1.6045697