 |
| Cloudy gloomy sky today |
Last Sunday of Easter. Though I usually buy something special for breakfast on Sunday, this morning I just wanted to sleep longer. Usually I would go to the 24 hr bakery in Musrara outside Damascus Gate to buy arab "Kaik" or a bun just to celebrate Sunday. This morning I just drank a cup of coffee at 5am, watered the plants and prepared for Mass. I was going to be mentally tired today as I have to translate an 8 page document. I was told that it will be a difficult document as the italian is elegant and high literary. Actually after reading it, my only problem is to find out where the full stop is. An entire paragraph of 11 lines has 5 commas and only one full stop. Now that's a challenge. Every paragraph is of this structure.
 |
| Flowering cacti |
So I was locked in my room working all Sunday. At 4pm I had a break and accompanied a student to see the doctor, when I noticed the weather was very strange. It was very very overcast. Grey clouds but no rain ... though it felt as if a storm would break. It was not cold but it wasn't hot either. Just a humid sticky uncertain wind which couldn't decide if it should rain or not. Only at 7pm did it start drizzle. You're never sure what to wear when going out ... pullover or just T-shirt? Too much or too little?
One thing for sure, this warm humid weather is good for cacti. All our cacti are flowering profusely. And they are huge blooms that last a couple of days. Other plants are dying due to this erratic weather. That means a lot of sweeping up dead leaves.
There's a sad bit of news ... perhaps angry for those involved ... when the govt. ruled to bar widows,a widowers from being buried next to their spouses. This is beyond me.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-mourners-distraught-gov-t-deal-bars-them-from-burial-beside-spouses-1.6055422