 |
| Flowers at the altar |
Tensions continue to rise though an ayatollah in Iran said that Iran is not interested in escalating violence with Israel. The Iranian govt. seems to be split. On ground level though Israel definitely dealt a blow on the Iranian bases in Syria. There was no response from the Iranians because most of their weaponry and militants were destroyed and killed. It was a necessary strike because in 2 days it will be Jerusalem Day and in 3 days the US embassy will move to Jerusalem ... and Iran and other arab nations will try to disturb the proceedings. So nip the bud quick. Meantime bomb shelters in Jerusalem were opened to today in view of an impending rocket attack from Syria.
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Northern-border-tensions-make-Jerusalemites-feel-like-war-is-in-the-air-556088
Today is Friday and since it's just 2 days away from the fateful events ... so police are on red alert for terrorists. Thousands of muslims are pouring into the Old City now for noon day prayers at the Al Aqsa Mosque and anything can happen. Soon roads will closed and security checks will be stepped up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go out to work on Sunday and Monday due to the closures. We'll see.
 |
Flower offering
closeup |
Well one thing is for sure though ... tourist groups have all cancelled for the next week. Literally thousands have called off last minute for fear of riots, violence and war. So we finally get some silence in our courtyard and streets that are free to walk ... but at the cost of war.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-fear-of-war-with-iran-hits-tourist-season-hard-in-northern-israel-1.6075861
And yes I spent all morning correcting the paper. 60% had to be totally redone. Yes it was bad. Very bad. Burnt my whole morning. I'm going to need tranquillisers to get through this weekend ... with all the thoughtless stress thrown on me by others. I'll announce my retirement soon ... because I'm tired of all this unjust demands that comes with my job.
My only consolation is yesterday I bought 140 shekels of flowers for our chapel on Ascension Day. The sisters in our sacristy asked me to buy flowers for the feast so I went to order 2 bouquets. It was for all of you and your intentions prayed at our chapel.