 |
Chapel of the Ascension at midnight |
Tensions continue to rise as Iranian military based in Syria fired 20 missiles into Israel this morning ... and Israel fired back 50 rockets destroying Iranian bases. Then later today we hear Israel launched another attack. The media and the govt. is not saying it but allow on ground level say "The war has started". Let's see what tonight and tomorrow brings. So far the fighting is limited to the north-east frontier of the country. Let's hope it doesn't spread south.
I tried to get a day off today .... Ascension Day. At midnight friars and crowds of religious and local christians gathered at the Imbomon ... the octagonal structure that commemorates the ascension of Christ into heaven. There was the Vigil prayers of psalms and readings then Masses started every half-hour till 9.30am when the Pontifical Mass was celebrated by the Custos.
 |
| Jaffa-Tel Aviv coast today |
So I thought since both libraries and schools are closed, I can take a day off. It's the first time since I was called out of hospital to work ... to have 12 hours to sleep and rest and not think about work. I went to Jaffa far away from Jerusalem. The weather was a hot 31 degrees but the sea breeze was strong and cool. I got to meet some old friends who have stalls in front of the Church plaza.
So you thought I had a day off? to rest? The chinese sister kept ringing to say I must correct her term paper because she has to hand it in tomorrow. She had 2 whole semesters to do it but only started 4 days ago. And in 365 days of which I had only today to rest, she wants me to work. There is NOT ONE DAY when people cannot leave me in peace to rest. NOT ONE.