Meantime yesterday's massive military presence in preparation for a muslim riot after noonday prayers ... fizzled out. Everything was calm, people came and went for prayers, life was as usual. And that was very nice ... on a Friday.
But things are quite different in Syria as muslim rebels captured the city of Raqqa have given 3 alternatives to christians: convert to Islam, accept restrictions to the practice of christianity or be killed. Most churches - protestant, catholic and orthodox - accepted restrictions. No bell ringing, no crosses, no singing, no wine, women must be covered up like muslims .... All this is utterly criminal but NOT one international condemnation has been issued. All brushed under the carpet of political wrangling. http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.576902
![]() |
| Best pastries in the Old City at Piano Bar near the 8th Station |
Anyway I've been pretty confused these couple of days ... especially yesterday. Must be the sickness and medication and tiredness. On Thursday at the doc's, I thought it was Friday and kept worrying about transport to go home as the Sabbath would have begun. Then on Friday I thought it was Saturday and was doing stuff that I usually do on Saturdays. What a confusion ... especially for people around me as they haven't a clue why I was talking and doing stuff out of the ordinary. I really need to rest ... and relax ... and treat myself to a nice cup of macchiato and some apple-pie at Piano Bar. It's near the 8th Station and run by pastry chef Jack. Good way to start the Sabbath ... and rest my poor head.
