Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Camembert cheese and mushrooms

The weather is cloudy and sunny in turn. Strangely hot and cold. Nobody likes it. It's making us all sick. It's not just cold and sniffles, but headaches, arthritis and other ailments. It's like winter and summer are fighting over spring. The nights have gone so cold, I need to turn on both heaters to keep warm.

While internal tensions seem to be cooling, border tensions are rising. Missiles from Syria were fired into the Golan Heights and Israel sent in fighter jets to bomb Syria. Don't expect a war though. Syria is too weak to do anything.

Camembert/mushroom
sandwich with a cup of hot
Sahlab
After another long day's work, I was hungry and went to have a sandwich. Camembert and mushroom submarine. With Sahlab. Potato chips don't seem to fit in but they served it anyway. Sounds fancy. tastes good ... but as usual I became ill immediately. And I only ate one quarter of it. How can I enjoy eating while not getting sick all the time? Dreadful misery .... Fortunately my Israeli friends were around at work. Haven't seen them for almost a week due to the Purim holidays. Had a nice chat with them. I had gone out to buy a carton of eggs (US$8) and one of the guys wanted to play football with it .... aaaggghhhh. The rest of the guys thought it was funny. I said if he'd pay me US$8, I'd let him kick all 30 eggs.