Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Lent

Yesterday and today were intensely tiring days ... lots of work and pressure. I can't keep my head in place ... things are racing too quickly for me to catch up. I need to rest. I need to get away from work. Yesterday after work at 5pm, I managed to sleep for half an hour then walked up 1km back to work till 9.30pm. Tonight's going to be the same. And I start my day at 4am!!!!

Friday Lenten food
And its Friday. Very tense as soldiers were everywhere ... marching up and down the streets, stopping lots of people, checking IDs, body searches .... but in the end, nothing happened. Fizzled out like every anti-climax. And talking about anti-climax ... it's Friday of Lent. Fasting day ... the only meal we get is what I loathe ... lentil mush with broken spaghetti. It's mush ... NOT soup. I don't loathe it because it's penitential food ... it's just that I dislike the taste and smell of lentils - rancid. And spaghetti broken into tiny pieces? too small for a fork but too big for a spoon .... keeps slipping off before it reaches your mouth. I'm sure that's the diabolical plan of the nuns cooking in the kitchen ... to make penance on Friday Lent as painful as possible. I think it's the best weapon the Israeli soldiers can use on rioting arabs ... throw lentil mush at them instead of shooting. It'll disperse the crowds immediately. That's the weapon of mass destruction .... concorted by the nuns in the kitchen.