Thursday, March 13, 2014

Even more rain

The sky at 3.30pm ...
hailstorm and rain
And its still raining!!! Fantastic ... it won't solve the drought problem but it sure is a nice break from the dry winter we had. The temperature has fallen to 4 degrees again. And the night sky is red ... occasional thunder and lightening with lots of heavy rain.

You might think it's perfect weather to sleep ... and it is. Except that work will not wait. It's the usual routine of catching up with datelines and pushing others to get theirs done. I find that wearisome. So a little break from the routine  ... one of our volunteers celebrated his birthday today and so we went to Zahara restaurant for pizza. In the rain. Well he had a good time and so did the rest of the volunteers. That's good enough for me.

Herbal soup packs
The last 2 days saw a barrage of missiles fired from Gaza into southern Israel. Israel responded with aerial bombings into Gaza. This tit-for-tat bombing we've seen before ... like the prelude to the last Israel-Gaza War. Though everyone expects a war, it's very unlikely it'll happen. Both Israel and Gaza have more pressing internal problems to solve ... both need to survive from political and economic implosions. So it's all noise and positioning ... resulting in nothing.

Technology can be great. Received 3 packs of precooked herbal soup. All I need to do is warm the pack and ready to eat. That saves me 2-3 hours of boiling the ingredients ... which I never do. Ah Ling at mandarin Restaurant usually does it for me once a week. But with these precooked packs, I can have them as and when I want.