Today was Osvalda's birthday and we had a little party in my office - pizza and orange juice, and a box of arab cookies at the library door for the students and professors. The weather has been playing tricks again ... the night and morning were cold like in winter, with a very strong wind blowing. But by 10am it stopped and it became very hot. Everyone is sniffling and feeling sick. You never know what to wear when indoors or outdoors.
 |
| Mulberry mess |
I guess it's a little difficult for the trees and flowers as well. A huge mulberry tree near Jaffa Gate has borne fruit and it's falling on the ground .... making a sticky mess ... and very slippery too. I nearly fell when walking over it this morning while out to buy the cookies for Osvalda's birthday. I don't think the mulberries are sweet as there're no flies around. Usually flies swarm all over mulberry trees because of the sweet fruit.
Well alot of violence breaking around the borders - shootings at Gaza
http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=271142, terrorists cells in Hebron
http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=271140 ... and I thought things were calming down.
And oh dear ... israeli archaeologists claim they found an ancient clay impression with the name Bethlehem .... does that mean Israel now can take over Bethlehem?
http://www.jpost.com/Features/FrontLines/Article.aspx?id=271096
Somehow I get the feeling this summer is going to get more messy than I thought ... like the Mulberry mess in the street.