Friday, May 18, 2012

A little light

Ok so I stand corrected - Easter doesn't end with the Ascension because it lasts till Pentecost. But the Paschal Mystery of Christ does end with the Ascension. These few days is time for the awaiting of the Spirit ... not just the historical event 2000 years ago in the Upper Room but everyday in our lives.

The weather is very much summer - hot and dry. I've been getting giddy again this morning. Had bad results - in a sudden dizzy fit, I knocked down a birdcage and everything crashed on the ground. Luckily there were no nestlings in there, but 4 eggs were broken and the 2 canaries were traumatised. Everyone rushed out to see what happened. Well I didn't faint ... but I was close to it. Aiya ... time to go to Ah Ling and drink some herbal chicken soup to get some energy.

Rock gazing
At our gate this morning, there were more problems with the arab vendors and our doorman. But I wasn't feeling too well to go down and get into a fight. Today I'll let others do the fighting ... or stoning.

And talk about stones, last week I saw a strange sight - a tourist guide leading a group to the rocks/foundations of the City walls and spending alot of time there. Must be a new tourist activity .... stone watching and rock gazing!!!

I'm so very happy Prof. Priotto came. He finally shed some light into my otherwise dead end research. Showed me a possible road to take in the research and got me excited once again about my studies. And of course Emmanuel is a good influence on me too ... he gets me enthused about researching again. And he's a good jewish friend ... so whoever says I don't have jewish friends? And Amir is a good jewish friend too - he was terribly upset when he found out that I fainted and insisted crossly that I should call him when I'm sick so he can drive me to the doctor's. And Ark is always around to cheer me up when I stop by his shop. So these are my little moments of light ... kind people who care and show the way instead of criticizing; they're little moments of Pentecost.