The central part of the country was overcomed by noxious fumes but no one still knows where it comes from or what it is. Let's hope it doesn't flow eastwards ... my asthma will kill me.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/authorities-still-looking-for-cause-of-chemical-odor-in-central-israel-1.428021
 |
| Summer marathon advert |
There's been relative calm in the streets ... no sense of tension as the religious feasts of all religions are over. Everyone seems to want to get on with their lives, working on a job, bringing food to the table ... let's hope this peace will prevail through summer. One thing for sure, lots of summer activities are being planned to bring some fun into people's lives. The Spring Jerusalem Marathon was just over and now the Summer Marathon is taking place this weekend.
 |
| Nadia and the antipasto |
And I had a nice chat with Pius who's back from the States doing his PhD. He's very studious but very friendly as well. He's doing me a favour today and tomorrow as I'm not feeling well to be hebdom (yup, it's that word again). I've been thinking how lucky I am to have such a great community. Everyone's ready to help.
Today's a solemnity for the local church - St James the first bishop of Jerusalem. We had a little more for lunch for this solemnity. Nadia prepared the antipasto. As usual I don't eat, but for today I had 2 bananas and a kiwi fruit ... that's quite alot for me! After all, it's a solemnity!