As Greece totters toward anarchy, we watch and wonder how things could have deteriorated so rapidly. Appears there's not likely to be tour groups there in the next few months. And mingle that with the anti-chinese feelings shown in the last Chinese official visit to Athens.
There's an interesting article in the Jerusalem Post which though is pro-settler, has condemned the rise of the lawless extreme rightist youths whose violence has undermined the settler movement from within. The Hebron incident that has blown out into other parts of Israel shows the movement is imploding. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1227702464902&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Meanwhile it's raining this evening - after almost 7 weeks within rain. It's terribly cold and I was returning from Terra Santa College where I was working the whole day. The guys at Cancao Nova drove me back to Damascus Gate as I had nothing to protect myself from the rain and cold (I only had a sweater - no raincoat, winter jacket or scarf or hat); and Fr Arlon lent me his leather jacket. However he forgot to take his mobile phone which he left in the pocket. I'll have to return it to him tomorrow morning. After 8 and a half hours of non-stop work, I'm thoroughly exhausted and want to sleep now - without dinner. And I was told that Thiago (remember him? He's back in Brasil for his holidays) is being sent back to Jerusalem - terrible I thought! The poor guy should be preparing for marriage in Brasil; instead he'll have to hold it off for another year! Poor chap. Marcio (his work colleague and mine) and I feel bad for Thiago. We'll pray for him and his girlfriend.