Sunday, December 7, 2008

No time

The Association for Civil Rights in Israel has issued a brave report on the escalating violation of human rights in Israel. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1227702451486&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull Well if they can extend that to anti-Christianity that is no less flagrant here.... beginning with spitting at the faces of Christians. I don't see them having the courage to spit at a muslim, for example.

Yesterday was a quiet day. Managed to do a few verses of my research analysis. And it was very cold. At 5pm I decided I needed to get out and take a walk. It was pretty dark by then, so I thought Ephrem might want to come along as well, which he did. We walked up the Way of the Cross to the 7th Station and then further up to the new supermarket Tannour to get some buns for Sunday breakfast. We also got some detergent. Then we walked back to the house. It was good to get some fresh air.

These few days my asthma has come back with a vengeance - quite severe wheezing. And I must be deaf as well because this week I simply can't hear the bell ringing for Vespers. And both my knees and calves have broken out in rashes.

Today the new students go on excursion to Galilee (6 days) so classes are suspended this week. That's good because now I can use the library freely, and go to make my monthly checkup at Nazareth's hospital (which I missed for the past month). So much to do, so little time to do it.