Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Of instant noodles and the like

A group of East Malaysians are here making a pilgrimage - from Sabah and Sawarak. It was good to meet them as I know some of them in my previous talks in Sabah of the last few years. They came to my place to make the Way of the Cross and called on me. But not having much time, I decided to go meet them in their hotel last night - the Grand Court, which luckily is close by my place. We chatted and I landed up with packs of Instant Noodles that they didn't use and were not considering in bringing back home. And .... there was a pack of "bak gua" or "chu yuk kon" (can't give you the english equivalent because it's not kosher!!!!) which tasted soooo good.

Meantime am still working on my text for analysis ... the last few verses. But it's not really over because I'll still have to go over it and add more observations. Then I have about another 250 pages to go.

The nights have been frightfully chilly. Everyone has mentioned how cold the nights have become. I've finally taken out the down-blanket as the "hot air fan" is no longer enough to keep my room warm. Maybe a hot bowl of Tom Yam instant noodles will warm me up.