The Old City is coming back to normality. Shops are opening again, business as usual although not 100% yet. It's still holiday time but on the wane.
Yesterday I heard a very good sermon and wanted to share it with you but I forgot what it is now! Am growing old. A couple of nights ago I woke up and had no idea where I was. I forget people's names (normal enough) but also why I go to the library or other places.
Anyway had a long talk with Fr Niccacci yesterday evening regarding my thesis. He's pit-bulling me into getting the qualification paper organised. All holidays and days off forbidden until I get it done. Meanwhile Fr Priotto from Rome, one of the modern experts in the field I'm researching is teaching in our faculty. Met him yesterday at lunch and the first thing he said to me was "I knew Fr Allegra! He was my teacher 30 years back". Well, what a way to start ... I think I'll have to speak with him regarding my thesis because he seems to be my 2nd moderator (at least that's what I'm sensing).
The call to stop Jewish settlers' violence against their own soldiers and Palestinians is rising. Apparently hundreds of such extremists are now actively involved in such activities. They are physically aggressive (even sending parcel bombs, burning olive groves and beating up people) to anyone, including fellow Jews, who challenge their claim to take Palestinian property. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7647991.stm