Saturday, October 18, 2008

Busy Saturday

Was a little busy today. Had some important guests coming - important enough to skip school this morning! Got permission from the professor and dean (in fact they encouraged me to meet with these guests) to miss the lesson though! That doesn't mean that you kids out there can do the same (unless you have a very good reason of course!)

Yesterday I had to go to St Saviour's monastery to buy some gifts for these guests. It was quite difficult as not all of them are Christians.

While waiting for the guests to come, I spent the time cleaning my room. With my ankle and knee problems, it was difficult to bend and clean corners or under the bed. S I had to be creative and find some other means to get it done.

Our new superior Fr Najib arrived today and had his first lunch with us. Hope he'll feel at home.

Right now the Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew I is addressing the Synod of Bishops. He's got some interesting things to say like the Bible and art/icons; our worthiness to hear the Word of God; the Bible seen in nature. Will let you know what's up tomorrow.