The rest of the students returned from their Jordan excursion last evening. The house is full again. Massimo Luca, who went with the students to Jordan, came to tell me they were going out for dinner and if I wanted to join them. Well I was feeling exhausted and I don't want salt in my food (can't escape that when eating in restaurents) so I said no thanks. At the same time Jean Paul telephoned to ask me to join another group that's gathered in Pavel's room for munchies and chat. I went over and stayed for about 10 minutes before returning to my room. Its very nice to have these guys around.
But I couldn't finish my two pieces of work as originally planned. Just didn't feel up to it. Will start again today. Everyone else who's been in Jerusalem these two days can feel the oppressive weather - yellow dusty days (hamsiin winds from the southern desert that's hot) and cold nights. People are falling ill alot lately. And the psychological tension in our area isn't helping.
No new baby canaries today - everyone was guessing at breakfast how many new ones will hatch today.
We're back into the Ordinary Weeks of the liturgical calendar. That's when the priest wears green vestments. Hopefully you'll start reading up on the daily Mass readings or join our Bible study groups soon. There're no major liturgical celebrations to keep you on the high during the ordinary season, so joining a group for the next 30 weeks before Advent will be a good sustaining backup for you.