Yesterday I was busy doing nothing. Well I was in the library. Tried to check out some things for my paper but was called to do some other thing. Ended up doing so many things, yet feel like not having done anything. Strange isn't it?
I finally met the Visitator General - or rather he met me. Right now our school is having it's General Visitation. That means a friar from somewhere is chosen by our Minister General in Rome to represent him, to come and meet with the professors and students of our school, to hear everyone's opinions etc... and then it'll culminate in a big meeting where a new school administraiton is nominated. Anyway the Visitator General asked to see me because he was interested in the developement of Biblical studies in China. We had a 50 minute talk.
Yesterday Khalil our cook boiled a herbal brew to cure my asthma. It was made up of lemon leaves, bay leaves, rosemary and many other herbs. It tasted delicious. He gave me a big bottle to bring to my room. It relieved abit of the painful chest that comes with asthma but apparently I must take this brew for a month or so, in order to get an effect.
Today's Gospel reading is about the healing of blind Bartimaeus. I guess sometimes we all feel like him - helpless and left out while everyone is standing upfront and getting the best view. But there was one thing he could do - he could shout. And he shouted louder and louder till he was heard by Jesus himself. So we too sometimes are relegated to the back, become a wallpaper, left out by everyone, others blocking our way ..... but instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we should start helping ourselves get out of this situation. Shout - connect with Jesus: pray. Then the crowds will move aside and we become upfront as well.