Monday, May 26, 2008

Follow up

Thanks to the Faith Tours group from Singapore that offered their generosity in supporting our project. In fact right now I just met with another Faith Tour group down at the Flagellation Chapel.

The big news in Israel right now is the Bible burning incident. See the link below.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7413134.stm

Anyway just to follow up on my trip back from the hospital in Nazareth - I stayed back at the Annunciation Basilica (Nazareth of course) for the candle-light vigil (takes place every Saturday night from 8.30-9.30pm). It was impressive. Over a hundred locals and pilgrims joined in. The vigil is a procession beginning at the piazza between the Basilica and St Joseph's Church. The rosary is recited and the procession goes around to the road and into the lower Basilica courtyard, around the porticoes and into the lower basilica where the Gospel and homily is preached in front of the Grotto of the Annunciation. I was told the crowds usually are alot bigger, into a couple of hundred people. It was very impressive. If you're stopping by Nazareth, make sure you join in!

Meantime I'm the hebdom this week. Have to preside at mass and all the prayer hours. The other students have their exams now. And today is Jean Paul's and Marco's birthdays. Me? Still trying to get used to the new medicine - have been nauseus the whole day and lost my appetite.
Will restart my work as much as I can.

Thought for the day - regarding the Bible burning incident - we should learn to be more tolerant of others; if we react like what was reported, it only shows that we're afraid and not convinced of our own religion's truth to withstand outside opinions. It shows more weakness and cracks rather than strength of position. It is a loser's way of getting even. And you get very bad press.