Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Matthias the Apostle

The Hamsin winds (southern desert) are on us. Everyone feels disoriented and ill. It saps the energy off you. Everyone is listless and unable to concentrate or sleep at night. And of course with many heads of state here in Jerusalem for the 60th anniversary, we have helicopters flying overhead the whole night - and day as well. All this weather and logistical changes are throwing our routine upside down.

And talking about changes, I decided to change my medicine because my asthma was too bad. Changed to Normitan 25. Any advice on this brand? It sure lowered my BP - way down to 120/67. Everyone got worried and told me to take coffee and suger. There was no asthma attack this morning after I took it, but now I'm wheezing big time. I guess I must change the medicine again - maybe to another family of drugs that're not beta-blockers.

Today is the Feast of St Matthias the Apostle - and I bet many of you don't know who he is. Yes he's one of the twelve but no one ever mentions him!!!!! I told the lunch Bible Encounter group that just as Matthias was chosen to replace Judas, so we are called to a mission sometimes in the middle of our lives; a change of course and plans. Sometimes God does these things in our lives, and I wonder if we're prepared to take the challenge. So what do you have to lose? It's God calling anyway - time for change!