Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Pentecost!

Am happy I managed to complete two pieces of work yesterday before I slept. Will try and do 2 more today. The weather has not been good - very cloudy and even drizzled yesterday morning. Lots of people are getting sick - again. I'm staying out of reach of the virus and locking myself in my room. Lots of vitamin C and other stuff. I don't want to be sick right now when my asthma is on an all time high and the BP is still not quite stable.

Must have been absolutely tired because when I closed my eyes at about 11pm last night, I woke up thinking it's the usual 2.30am but instead it was already 4am. Quickly bathed and changed and went off to the Holy Sepulchre. Celebrated Mass there for the Solemnity of Pentecost, as well as the Office of Readings and Lauds (Morning Prayer). I like it there early in the morning. There were groups but everyone was respectfully quiet. The Missionaries of Charity were there in full force - some on Mt. Calvary others in front of the Tomb. I went up to Mt. Calvary and the superior Sr. Capilla saw me and offered to bring me to hospital because I looked sick. I joked and said if I die here on Mt. Calvary, that would be the best death anyone can ask for. She got upset and kept saying "I'm not joking!" - so maybe next week I'll go to the Victoria Augusta Hospital with the sisters - I still need more tests to be done.

Fr O'Brien of Adelaide just stopped by so I broke off this blog for about .... 4 hrs. He speaks chinese and was chaplain to the chinese Catholic community there for a while. He had previously contacted me about coming to the Holyland for a visit 1 yr ago - now we finally meet in person. Interesting guy with a wide range of pastoral experience.

Oh ..... and Jughead our canary has hatched 2 chicks this morning. Everyone was very excited and came out to see the hatchlings. Jughead is a good mother - she already produced 3 chicks last month. The other hens are still a bit of a problem. The white hen laid 4 eggs and ate them all up. Another hen laid 3 eggs and threw the entire nest on the ground. The rest are sitting on their eggs but no hatchlings yet .... and they laid the eggs earlier than Jughead. Our superior is not optimistic with them.

OK spent too much time on other things already. Must get back to work. Yes it's Sunday and a feastday but I need to catch up with my work.

May the Holy Spirit give you courage to witness to your Catholic faith.