Saturday, July 16, 2022

VIP

Biden praying in our church
in Bethlehem
 So the US president came into the Old City passing by our door to get to the Holy Sepulcher. Security was dead tight and people who were inside the Walls couldn't get out and those outside couldn't get in for several hours. The traffic chaos lasted all morning till he left for the airport. He also visited Bethlehem and prayed in our Church of St. Catherine next to the Grotto of Christ's birth. He was accompanied by our Custos and the Vicar. It was good that he came to pray but it wasn't good that he didn't meet the family of slain Catholic journalist Shereen, who was a US citizen. He should have had the moral courage to assure her family and the Church of justice long due to us from discrimination and attacks.

Gaza was bombed last night by Israel after it sent missiles into nearby Israeli cities. The conflict is mild but it could escalate if illegal settlements continue to be built as planned. All I want is a quiet summer ... after 2 years of lockdown. No war please.

I vomited again yesterday evening on my way to the Ivrea convent to pick up my alb. I hadn't eaten anything all day and managed to eat some noodles before going out to the Ivrea convent. but my stomach can't tolerate food and everything came out .... on the street. Maybe it's because I was exhausted and the heat was getting on me. I did have a tiring full day's work. I'll rest this weekend ... and see how things go. My fever has stopped though, which is a good sign.