 |
| Eid at Damascus Gate |
The Muslim feast of Eid el Adha will begin tonight. But already for the past nights muslims from everywhere have been congregating into the Old City and Al Aqsa Mosque. The muezzin has been singing the prayers 2 nights back for the feast which is very long and loud ... at 2.30am (solar time).
Large muslim crowds from all over the country and even overseas such as Indonesia and France and England have been gathering for the feast in the Al Aqsa. Children stand at street corners early on the morning at 6am offering hot tea to worshippers going home or their hotels after the early morning prayers. I have to go to the Convent of Ivrea sisters for Mass at that time so they offer me tea as well.
 |
| Tea on the road |
This morning was hectic as I left for Tel Aviv 65km away to celebrate Mass for the Tigrinya catholics and a second Mass for the Chinese community there. It was tough because I have something in my right eye that's making it red and swollen. Could be a bit of sand. But it's hurting me very much. I tried washing it out but it's not working. I need to close my eyes.
When I got home my feet were swollen and I fell asleep for 3 hours. I guess I'll do that for the rest of the day. No more energy left.