Thursday, July 14, 2022

Summer

Horse racing
 Biden is in town. Streets are getting blocked. Newspapers say he'll be going up the Mt of Olives to visit the Lutheran hospital, and tomorrow to Bethlehem. In between he'll visit the Holy Sepulchre. Already this morning I saw american security and american catholics going to the Holy Sepulchre all dressed up. All and well I guess, as long as the road closures aren't too long and disturb our daily routine.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I went to the pharmacy. I asked for a change of my medication, which I took immediately and today I do feel a little better. I think I need more rest. I've lost appetite these few weeks, eating only a sandwich a day. Some workers who see me everyday say I've lost alot of weight. Oh well ... out of my control. I just hope the bronchitis will go away ... like the gastroenteritis. It was a terrible 2 weeks with those infections.

On the last day of Eid al Adha 3 days ago the arab youths brought their horses out to Damascus Gate park and raced them up and down under the hot afternoon sun. Though many people enjoyed ... I'm sure the horses didn't. There was no water there to cool them down. I'm glad it's all over. The streets are quieter now after the 4 day feast ... and with the tight security around Biden's visit, it's been alot more quiet than usual.  And it's more so now that the days are getting shorter. Weeks ago the muezzin would sing the call to prayer at 2.30am ... now it's 3.02am. There's a minute or 2 of change each day and eventually we'll reach the winter timetable and daylight saving will end. I'll have to enjoy summer as much as I can now.