Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Full Moon

Full moon  last night
 Was terribly sick yesterday. Felt very weird early in the morning ... but couldn't pinpont exactly what. Just a pain in the chest area, difficulty in coughing out phlegm and palpitations. By the time I reached the Ivrea convent for Mass, I thought I would faint as I was very dizzy. It got worse during Mass and I had to sit down for the rest of the Mass otherwise I would have fainted. Maybe the blood pressure was too low. The sisters gave me a cup of coffee and I felt a little better. Walked home alone though the sisters insisted on accompanying me. I stayed in bed for the rest of the day till I felt better in the evening.

At 9pm I decided to go out to get some fresh air. A prof decided to accompany me. Damascus Gate was crowded with muslims celebrating the last night of Eid al Adha; and there were many tourists as well soaking in the festivities.

The moon was full and many people were taking photos of it as it rested above Damascus Gate. Amazing sight. I think everyone who was out at Damascus Gate enjoyed seeing it. Tonight will be just as spectacular before it starts waning.

Today the US president is visiting the country. Road blocks everywhere for security reasons. And his hotel - the King David - is just 600m from us, so we'll be affected by the heavy security and road barriers. Locals living around there are complaining that every time a VIP arrives, their daily routine is disrupted.