Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Tense

Sunny shadows
 There was a horrific terrorist attack in Tel Aviv yesterday evening. 5 innocent people killed including achristian policeman and 2 foreign workers - presumably filipino catholics. This comes in the wake of a gun attack in Hadera and another in Beer Sheva ... all within a week. As one newspaper puts it - it's Israel's nightmare come true. This series of attacks seem to be lone-wolf copycat attacks ... not unlike the stabbing Intifada in 2015. 

This morning I could see lots of police gathered at various crossroads of the New City. Police cars and motorcycles also petrol the streets every minute ... literally. It's tense to say the least. Arabs are stopped and searched randomly in the streets. I get suspicious looks from the police because I still wear a mask and a cap and a hoodie. Sooner or later I'll get stopped by them

Security helicopters are hovering overhead. What next?