| Char Kway Teow |
The bad weather has knocked out electric supply and I had no wifi connection this morning for class .... nor lights in my room. I'd better prepare some candles in case tonight and tomorrow we'll have a major blackout again.
The jewish feast of Purim which should be celebrated on Thursday evening till Friday was brought forward today in many schools because of the upcoming bad weather ... snow being forecast even for tomorrow. I saw lots of kids dressed up in costumes in the streets as I went to work this morning.
Last week's lovely lunch at Thai House is still on my mind. After a year and a half of not being there, the food tasted extra nice. I'm dying for another plate of Char Kway Teow or as the Thais call it "Pahd Si Yew." That'll keep me warm for the next few days!