Monday, March 21, 2022

Mothers Day

Flowers for Mother's
Day
 On Saturday my views stats hit 1535 ... a scary number. Being hacked and stalked is very worrisome. And talking about worrisome, a stabbing attack took place yesterday outside Herod's Gate. Let's hope it's not a prelude to what's to come in Summer.

The weather has continued to be cold with a max of 8 degrees during the day. I still need the heater not only at night but also during the day at work. Summer is taking its time to come. I can't wait for the heat because this cld humid air is making my asthma worse. I've caught a chest infection and am taking antibiotics now. I hope it clears up quickly as I'm booked for a series of confessions and masses in a northern coastal city. Traveling with breathing problems is not at all nice.

The equinox was yesterday so that makes today the first day of Spring, since the days will start to get longer. But it's not getting any warmer. This first day of Spring is celebrated by the Palestinians as Mothers' Day. Lots of shops in the arab side of town are selling flowers. It's a little pricey, like all else here, but kids will still buy them to show their appreciation for their mothers. The Israelis side celebrates Mothers Day on another date.

Yes things are getting more expensive now. People are complaining that food items are too costly. We'll have to watch what we eat so as not to waste money. Diets are changing to simpler stuff. Luckily I'm mostly vegetarian now so my food cost is still quite low.