Sunday, March 6, 2022

Siu-mai

Homemade siumai
The Lenten rigours have started. Saturday towards midnight we go to the Holy Sepulchre to pray the Office of Readings and then make a procession around the Empty Tomb. It's broadcast live so you can watch it on the computer. Go to the Youtube channel of Christian Media Center. It starts at 11.40pm every Saturday.

The weather has been erratic these few days. First its warm and sunny, then it starts to rain and gets very cold. You never know what to wear when you go out. And its perfect weather to get sick.

Yesterday Bro Mark made siu-mai. It was very good.He made them with beef since pork is rare and very expensive. I ate them all. It's such a treat ... to break from my diet. But no more red meat for the next weeks. Docs insist I eat only white meat or I'll get sick again.

Right now police are using water cannons to disperse rioting ultra-orthodox jews protesting against compulsory military service. They've blocked roads at the City center, causing traffic jams and stopping the tram service from working.