Thursday, March 3, 2022

Rain again

Spring veggies
 It rained all night and the wind was very strong. All night I could hear the howling outside. Doors and windows were rattling all night as well. It's probably the last rainfall before the dry weather starts. It didn't as much as last winter, or as much as we wanted ... but it's better than nothing. Let's hope there'll be no drought this year. Prices of veggies will rise ... and they're already very expensive as it is. I think when things get worse, people will go to Palestine and buy food there. It's a lot cheaper. But Israel doesn't allow Palestinian products to be brought into Israel, so if the soldiers catch you with them, they get confiscated and thrown away at the checkpoints.

Yesterday I fasted from sunrise to sunset and it wasn't anything extraordinary. That's practically my daily routine as I usually eat only one meal when I get home from work at 7pm. I may eat drink a cup of coffee from breakfast and rarely a sandwich. So if that's fasting, then I'm fasting everyday.

Teams from the National Library of France and the EAPI are here to digitalize our ancient manuscripts. I'm busy bringing the manuscripts out for them to work on. And there's class to teach as well. I'll have to juggle my timetable to fit in everything. It's very tiring.